On July 27th, the Battlestar Galactica Online universe began their 17-day celebration known as The Festival of Kobol.
Running through August 12th, players can participate in various tournaments and events (that includes a Decathalon of ten tournaments with four different tournament types) for in-game rewards, limited-edition items and, of course, MAJOR bragging rights. The top 20 players for each tournament on every server will be awarded prizes with the top 3 from the Decathlon recognized as the Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners.
Viper (gold skin)
Sounds positively olympic in scale, right?
Having just celebrated their one-year anniversary with 10 million registered players, this free-to-play MMO based on the SyFy tv series decided to do it big with The Festival of Kobol.
“Our development team has put together a series of in-game events for players in BSGO. We want to capture the essence of competitive sport and encourage everyone to participate – there are numerous ways to win and take part in all the festivities.” said Matt Norton, Studio Director, Bigpoint.
Every other day, players can travel to various sectors on the map to engage in tournament battles:
- Decimation – Players with the most Player-vs-Player victories wins.
- Annihilation – Players that inflict the most damage against the opposing faction wins.
- Crucible – Players that gain the most experience points without boosters or capital ships wins.
- Rock Buster – Players with the most mined resources wins.
In between tournaments, there’s a Golden Rock Splitter event from 6p.m. to 8p.m. where players can mine from exquisite gold and silver asteroids for much needed (and coveted) resources.
Throughout the festival, BSGO will also offer a sale on specially designed, limited-edition golden ship skins for Human and Cylon fleets; including the Viper (pictured above) and the Banshee (below).
Banshee (gold skin)
The Festival of Kobol tournaments are held from 3p.m. to 11p.m. (in the local time zone of each server) and during the closing of the Festival of Kobol, the top 20 players will be presented with bundles of prizes including tuning kits, ammunition rounds, warheads, and more.
The top 3 winners of the Decathlon not only get rewarded with gold, silver or bronze titles, they’ll ALSO receive generous Cubit shopping spree rewards.
That’s a spicy frakkin’ meatball, peoples…and you have till August 12th to get you some o’dat meat!
You think you got what it takes? Then hit the official website and suit up!!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015