The 2016 SXSW Film Festival played host to a number of great films, but one of the breakout hits was Don’t Breathe, an intense and claustrophobic thriller from Evil Dead remake director Fede Alvarez. Following three teenagers who break into the home of a local blind man (Stephen Lang) only to discover that he’s more than capable of defending his home, and has no qualms about using deadly force to protect himself, Don’t Breathe is an absolutely exhilarating experience.
This is a solid trailer that does an excellent job conveying the tone of Don’t Breathe, but it gives away much more than I would have anticipated. Granted, folks that haven’t seen the film won’t really have any context for some of the scares in this clip, but it still feels like some of these moments should have been saved for the theatrical experience rather than being given away several months earlier.
If you want something a little less spoiler-filled, then I recommend the international trailer instead – it’s a bit more ambiguous, giving you more than enough information to spark your interest, but holding back some of the better scares.
Reuniting Alvarez with his Evil Dead star Jane Levy and also featuring Dylan Minnette and Daniel Zovatto, Don’t Breathe will be heading to theaters on August 26.
Latest posts by Brent Hankins (see all)
- ‘Constantine’ Gets Stay Of Execution In New Animated Series - January 9, 2017
- ‘Arrow’ Season 5 Resumes With Old, New Faces - January 8, 2017
- ‘Doctor Stange’ Blu-ray Heralds Return Of Thor, Roommate - January 8, 2017
- Thor Finds Hulk, Only To Fight Him In Next Film - January 7, 2017
- FXX Captures ‘Archer’ As It Readies For Crazy Eighth Season - January 7, 2017