72-year old actor Harrison Ford has been injured in a plane crash in Venice, California this afternoon.
According to Variety, Ford — an avid pilot — was piloting a single-engine antique fighter plane when a mechanical error caused him to make an emergency landing on the green of Penmar Golf Course at around 2:25pm PST. Ford was the only one aboard, and the only one to sustain injuries from the incident, and was later admitted to an L.A. area hospital.
It’s reported that Ford walked away from the crash on his own power before being attended by two physicians at the scene, and onlookers detailed that he suffered multiple lacerations across his face. Reports stated that Ford was admitted to the hospital in critical condition, but later revisions have said that the condition was instead listed as “serious.” In a press conference, the Los Angeles Fire Department stated his condition was “fair to moderate.”
Ford is an experienced pilot, and has crashed before, walking away from previous incidents.
More on this story as it develops.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015