Last week, Volvo unleashed a new ad for their line of cargo trucks featuring a very zen-like Jean-Claude Van Damme standing on the mirror wells of two moving Volvo trucks, reflecting on life while Enya softly plays in the background as the trucks not only drive in reverse, but slowly separate…
OH MY GOD, right?! I just can’t stop watching it, it’s truly a wonder for anyone who’s a longtime JCVD fan…there’s NO WAY anyone else could do this, right?
Enter Channing Tatum…
…or more specifically, Officer Greg Jenko of the upcoming sequel to last year’s blockbuster, 21 Jump Street.
Aptly titled 22 Jump Street, Jenko and Schmidt are indeed still undercover – this time at a local college to crack a crime ring within a fraternity. But things go slightly awry when Jenko meets a kindred spirit (read: loveable meathead) on the football team and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, causing these best friends to question their partnership.
In a teaser for 22 Jump Street, we see Jenko paying homage to the aforementioned advert in either an homage (as I’m guessing Jenko is a HUGE fan of JCVD) OR it’s a “Bitch, please – I can do the splits on moving vehicles, too” type of diss known as “shots fired,” accompanied by a tweet from Channing Tatum saying what up (I’m also guessing as Jenko).
Okay, Jenko – let’s see what you got, kid.
*Bonus round: Because I love you, here’s the BTS story of how JCVD pulled off this epic stunt.
22 Jump Street is set for release June 13, 2014.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015