Any fan of masterful, spellbinding television is familiar with AMC’s “Breaking Bad,” the long-running series centering on the transformation of high school science teacher Walter White into the a meth kingpin. The series is in its final season, and with only four more episodes left, the suspense is at an all-time high. Will creator Vince Gilligan and his amazingly talented writing staff be able to end the show in a satisfying way and secure its place as one of the best TV shows in the history of the medium? We only have a few more weeks to find out.
Until then, though, some performers at the UCB Theater here in Los Angeles have put together an hour-long musical devoted to the show. Based on “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” this one’s called “Walter White and the Amazing Blue Crystal Meth: A Breaking Bad Rock Opera.” It’s a season-by-season retelling of the show, complete with a rapping Jesse Pinkman and a soulful Mike Ehrmantraut (though it ends before this current back half of Season 5 begins, with Hank Schrader sitting on the toilet).
It’s not long before parodies like this will vanish from the pop culture sphere as everyone moves on to The Next Big Thing, but we’ll relish things like this while we can in these last few weeks before the show’s end. Watch the full musical below (via Vulture):
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014