While the rest of us were watching last night’s shocking episode of “Game of Thrones,” host Conan O’Brien did his best to pull the attention of the younger crowd over to MTV for the annual presentation of that network’s Movie Awards from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. I didn’t watch the awards show, but a couple videos from the event have surfaced online that are worth pointing out.
First up is O’Brien’s opening video, in which he drops the gauntlet and suggests he can collect 50 celebrity cameos and shatter the all-time record for the broadcast. It’s an amusing way to knock a few minutes out of your day if you’re looking to kill some time, if for no other reason than to see exactly which random celebrities O’Brien runs into next:
Looks like he may have cheated a little with that Nicholson middle finger, but it was a nice effort overall and certainly ran the gamut of “celebrities.” Where else can you say you’ve seen Tom Arnold, Lupita Nyong’o, and Grumpy Cat in the same video?
And finally, Fast & Furious actress Jordana Brewster introduced a touching tribute video for her fallen co-star Paul Walker that I wanted to share with you guys. It’s still kind of hard to believe that Walker is no longer with us, and along with the video Universal created when they heard about his death, this is a nice look back at a few small moments of the man’s career and life offscreen as well:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014