Director Guy Ritchie’s upcoming film Knights of the Round Table seems to be zeroing in on its major casting decisions. After news hit about Jude Law possibly being tapped to portray the film’s villain,Variety has released an exclusive report that actor Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond, Never Back Down) is “in talks” for the role of a wizard in the upcoming film, with the part being described as “Merlin-like.”
He will apparently be the mentor of the young King Arthur in this first film, which is hoped to start off a new, ongoing franchise for Warner Bros., with the hopes of lasting for at least six installments. The report also alleges that Idris Elba was up for the part until it became clear that schedule conflicts wouldn’t allow him to participate. Hounsou was then contacted to see if he could fit it into his schedule, but no firm announcement has been made regarding his involvement yet.
Hounsou, who appeared in August’s Marvel Studios blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy, seems to be favoring more action-oriented roles recently. He’ll next be seen in Furious 7, releasing in April, and is also tapped to star in Seventh Son from Legendary Pictures, also bowing next year.
Knights of the Round Table will be directed by Guy Ritchie, and will star Charlie Hunnam as King Arthur, and actress Astrid Berges-Frisbey as his consort Guinevere. No release information is currently known, but be sure to keep it locked on GeekNation for any new details that emerge about Knights of the Round Table!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015