The last, SDCC trailer for Doctor Strange basically blew our minds, showing us some better looks at not only the film’s world-bending special effects, but also some of its more basic mystical effects, including seeing Benedict Cumberbatch’s Stephen Strange training in the arts for the very first time. Not to mention when he lets the Cloak of Levitation wrap around his own shoulders, which was not only a cheer-inducing moment in Hall H, but still gives me chills every time I watch it.
Fans of the character will know that he’s not the same without his various pieces and mystical artifacts though, including and specifically the Eye of Agamotto, which has been out in the open in all of the marketing materials for the film up until this point, although we haven’t quite gotten to see it at work yet.
That is, until now, thanks to a brand new image from the film, which gives us our first look at what the Eye of Agamotto looks like when its in use:
Obviously, in addition to being an integral part of Stephen Strange as the Sorcerer Supreme, the Eye has been a subject of many discussions amongst fans over the past several months, with many theorizing that it could be powered by the Time Gem, one of the few Infinity Stones that we have yet to see onscreen in the MCU. After all, we know that time will be messed with in the film, thanks to some previous comments by Kevin Feige, and it seems like possibly the most organic place to introduce that gem in specific.
The image itself doesn’t confirm nor deny that rumor, as much as it’s just kind of cool for Doctor Strange fans to see what the Eye is going to look like in the film, when it’s in use. Based off the footage that was shown in San Diego, the movie’s special effects and reality-bending sequences look like just the tip of the iceberg for how Doctor Strange could truly change and open up the Marvel Cinematic Universe from here on out though, and I’m looking forward to seeing how the Eye factors into it all.
Doctor Strange is set to hit theatres on November 4th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016