Worried that A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin is going to shuffle off his mortal coil before he finishes the book series that HBO’s “Game of Thrones” is based on? Better not tell him that! You do not want to piss off a guy who could kill off your favorite character. (Heck, he’ll probably do that anyway.)
In an interview with Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger, Martin was asked about that very thing. Martin, not one to shy away from giving his opinion, gave the finger and answered, “I find that question pretty offensive. So f**k you to those people.” Well, all right then. (Click here to see the video interview.)
He also reportedly has an issue with everyone getting upset that he does anything other than writing the book, like traveling or doing interviews or going to screenings. He does only write in his home, but don’t think about asking him to stay there. (Remember a little film called Misery?) As someone who read the books as they were released, I do get it. It’s gotten to the point where I’ll only read dead authors so I don’t have to wait for the next book! Still, the man does have to have a life!
He does admit, however, that he’s writing slower these days because of everything associated with the success of the show based on his books. “Winds of Winter” will be done when it’s done, okay? The showrunners of “Game of Thrones” know the ending. Just don’t anger the man! He might kill off Ser Pounce!
Latest posts by Jenna Busch (see all)
- ‘Big Hero 6’: An Early Sneak Peek at Walt Disney Animation’s Newest Film - September 3, 2014
- Robin Williams: Top 10 Performances From a Comic Genius - August 12, 2014
- Joss Whedon Co-Wrote a Folk Song While Shooting ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ - August 11, 2014
- Marvel Films Ranked From ‘Iron Man’ to ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ - August 1, 2014
- ‘The Avengers 3’: Marvel Eyes a 2018 Release Date - July 31, 2014