No, I’m not crying… I’m definitely not crying okay? Okay?
Following a small teaser trailer revealed late last year, the first real theatrical trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, this year’s upcoming Harry Potter spin-off written by Potter creator J.K. Rowling, has been revealed at this year’s MTV Movie Awards and it’s looking more and more like the kind of spin-off film that fans of the franchise could have only ever dreamed of seeing.
Check out the latest trailer below:
The mention of Dumbledore and Hogwarts are the kind of connections to the original films that I hope are littered throughout the film without feeling forced or out of place because in this trailer, they fit in perfectly. The combination of a whimsical tone and sense of danger are what helped to make the Harry Potter films work tonally as well and they seem ever present here.
As a lifelong fan of the franchise and the world that J.K. Rowling created both on the page and helped to create on the silver screen, the chance to see an entirely new corner of the Wizarding World in an entirely new time period as well, is too enticing to not jump at. The fact that it looks this good too, makes the excitement that much easier.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is set to hit theatres on November 18th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016