We’re really bummed to tell you that Paul Walker, star of Varsity Blues and The Fast and The Furious film franchise, died Saturday afternoon in a fiery car crash in Santa Clarita, CA.
TMZ originally reported the news that “Walker had been in the area attending a car show supporting the Philippines typhoon relief effort and was taking friends out for test rides in his recently purchased Porsche GT” when the car lost control, slammed into a tree, and burst into flames.
At the time of the accident, it could not be confirmed whether Walker was the driver or the passenger (there was another person in the car with him at the time, and both of them perished).
Because TMZ was initially the ONLY source on this story, I refused to believe it until sources close to me (including a friend who lives in the area of the accident, and someone who knew Walker well) confirmed it was true and even THEN I was in a bit of denial until I sadly read this.
That link takes you to Walker’s official Facebook page, which reads as follows:
Not gonna lie, Varsity Blues is one of my top ten football films of all time…the next time I watch it, it’ll be a little bittersweet to know Walker’s gone, but having his mischievously charming grin captured forever on film makes me smile.
Paul Walker was 40 years old.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015