After Furious 7 was one of the most action-packed and surprisingly heart-warming blockbusters of 2015, the Fast and Furious franchise is preparing to not only go back to its original roots, but under the careful hands of yet another new filmmaker as well. With Straight Outta Compton‘s F. Gary Gray set to direct, the franchise might actually have a brighter future in store for fans than some might have previously thought, after it reached what many believed to be a satisfying conclusion with its seventh installment.
The newest film is said to take place in New York City, and incorporate some of its familiar street racing elements that it began with as well, which will either come as good or bad news for all of you cinephiles out there.
Today, the film’s star, Vin Diesel, has revealed the eighth installment’s official title, and its first poster on his Instagram page. Check it out below:
Titled Fast 8 and promising “New Roads Ahead” the franchise will hopefully be able to keep up the same action-packed, crime thriller tone that it’s established from the last three films as well as combining the racing storylines from its initial outings. Most of the official plot details are still being kept under wraps, but the film is looking to be the first major studio project shot partly in Cuba as well.
Now, is The Rock coming back or not? That’s literally the only thing I want to know.
Fast 8 is set to hit theatres on April 17th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016