From the moment he was cast to when he and Jesse Quick were hit with a wave from the particle accelerator recreation, it was clear to fans that Keiynan Lonsdale’s Wally West was going to become a speedster in The Flash series eventually, just like he does in the comic books. While nothing about Wally’s role in the new season has been revealed yet either, it looks like we finally have a pretty safe idea of where his journey’s going to take him in season three.
Today, the CW has unveiled the very first image of Wally in season three of The Flash, suited up for the first time as Kid Flash, which will apparently happen in the show’s season three premiere, titled “Flashpoint.”
Check out the image below (via THR):
It’s hard to know exactly how this reveal is going to happen in the season premiere, since despite getting hit with a wave of dark matter near the end of season two, Wally didn’t seem to wake up or show signs of any new powers, though it is entirely possible that the effects were simply delayed.
However, since he is suiting up in the season premiere, again titled “Flashpoint,” it seems more likely that Kid Flash is one of the many different things about the alternate timeline Barry created in the season two finale, when he chose to go back in time and save his mother, just like he does in the comics. While the effects of Barry’s decision probably won’t be as drastic or as huge as they were in the original story, it does seem entirely probable that in the new timeline, Kid Flash may be the hero of Central City, instead of Barry as the Scarlet Speedster.
The Flash season 3 will premiere on The CW on Tuesday, October 4th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016