Fans of Sherlock have waited patiently (and impatiently) for the show to return from its third season several years ago, which ended with one of its most stylish episodes to date, and also one of its most unexpected and unexplained twists. While the Christmas Special last year did enough to satisfy some though, the promise of a new season, already shot and on its way has been the main event that we’ve all been waiting for.
Following the first teaser trailer premiered at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the first “official” photo of Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) and John Watson (Martin Freeman) has been released.
Check it out below:
So obviously there’s a lot to dissect and talk about here. For instance, Freeman is rocking that slicked back hair for Watson here, while Cumberbatch is bringing his signature Sherlock pose back to life once again.
Whatever, it’s an image, but it’s a promotional image for one of the best shows on television which is finally returning for its highly-anticipated fourth season. Plus, Toby Jones is set to play its lead, unknown villain, and that’s never a bad thing. Even if this image is just of two well-known actors standing against a wall, looking very serious.
Sherlock season 4 will premiere in 2016.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016