The buzz surrounding CBS’ all new Star Trek TV series has steadily grown more and more positive over the past few months, following the controversial initial announcement that it would be available only on the network’s new streaming platform, CBS All Access. After gaining Hannibal‘s Bryan Fuller as its showrunner though, as well as several other comforting creative announcements, it’s hard not to be at least excited for the series.
Today, CBS has unveiled the very first teaser for the new series online as well, and while it doesn’t feature all that much, it does reveal the new series’ logo. Check it out:
While no cast members for the series were announced, the network did promote the show’s opportunities to bring new heroes, villains, crew members, and worlds into the Star Trek universe on the small screen, for the first time in a long time. With a lifelong Trek fan like Bryan Fuller on at the helm as well, that comes as something of a comfort.
The new series is rumored to be taking place outside of J.J. Abrams’ Trek universe in the films, and could be formatted as an anthology series, with each season following a different crew at a different time in the universe, with a different central conflict each time, similar to shows right now like Fargo, American Crime, or True Detective. No official details regarding its story or characters have been revealed yet though, but following this announcement, I suspect it’s only a matter of time now before the network begins divulging some more details about the series and its place in the Trek world.
The Star Trek TV Series will premiere on CBS in January 2017, before moving over onto CBS All Access.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016