When it comes to making fun movies, look no further than Phil Lord and Chris Miller as shining examples of how to do it right. These guys directed the absolutely stellar Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs a few years ago – a modern classic which hasn’t been given nearly the amount of love it deserves – and they were behind the surprisingly terrific 21 Jump Street last year. (A film which changed a lot of people’s perception about Channing Tatum as an actor.) These guys have a great sense of humor and can craft compelling stories with real heart and emotion weaved in between the laughs.
When it was first announced that they’d next be directing a movie based on LEGOs, it was tough not to imagine it as a strictly commercial venture. But the new trailer, released today, reveals that this movie should have exactly the kind of filmmaking hallmarks from these directors that we’ve come to know and love. Check it out below:
It stars Chris Pratt (“Parks and Recreation”) as Emmet, an average LEGO dude who is mistaken for the legendary Master Builder and called upon to help save the LEGO world from total annihilation. Mark this one on your calendars, folks: The LEGO Movie comes to theaters on February 7th, 2014.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014