Khaleesi takes care of her dragons, but how about a wheelchair-bound man?
Deadline reports that “Game Of Thrones” star Emilia Clarke will star opposite Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games) in Me Before You, based on the Jojo Moyes novel of the same name. The most recent draft of the script was written by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber (500 Days Of Summer), and the movie will be directed by first-time feature film director Thea Sharrock (“The Hollow Crown”; Equus, starring Daniel Radcliffe).
Me Before You centers on Lou (Clarke), a small-town girl caught between dead-end jobs, and Will (Chaflin), a guy who finds his successful life cut short by an accident that leaves him confined to a wheelchair. Will is feeling suicidal until he hires Lou as his caretaker for six months, and she decides to prove to him that life is worth living.
Sounds okay, I guess…but I can’t help thinking this sounds an awful lot like 1991’s Dying Young (minus the “terminal cancer” bit):
But since I’ve not read the book, I could be totally wrong. I have till 2015 until Me Before You hits theaters, so I’ll add it to my summer reading list! Meanwhile, Clarke continues to have more non-“Game of Thrones” work lined up. She’s playing Sarah Connor in the upcoming Terminator: Genisys, starring in the untold story of Bonnie and Clyde opposite X-Men star Nicholas Hoult, and will play a disturbed nurse in an indie film called Voice from the Stone.
What do you make of this news? Have you read the book? Feel free to enlighten me!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015