New film industry news coming out of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico from the site of the Los Cabos Film Festival, as Variety reports that director Mark Kassen (Jobs, Puncture) and actor Gary Oldman have agreed to join the gangster comedy project Criminal Minds for Dummies, which is being set up by Gremi Films. Kassen will be both the film’s director, as well as an associate producer.
Cliff Dorman, screenwriter on the acclaimed Tom Hardy film Warrior, will write the screenplay that tells the story of a small-time hustler who manages to climb the ladder of the criminal underworld by using less than legitimate means. But hey, since he’s getting ahead with criminals, who cares?
In addition to being a producer and a director, Kassen has also worked as a playwright and as an actor, most recently producing and starring alongside Chris Evans in that actor’s directorial debut Before We Go, which premiered earlier this year. The article at Variety makes mention of the fact that Oldman is in talks to take the film’s lead role, but it doesn’t elaborate any further than that.
For more details on this project and other entertainment news as it develops, be sure to keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015