With a release date set for middle of this summer, and following the release of both the first official teaser trailer and international trailer for the film, Sony’s Ghostbusters reboot is shaping up to be one of the most talked about films this year. For better or for worse, I guess.
Now, Empire has revealed two new Ghostbusters-themed covers for the film, with the first looking less like a Ghostbusters team image, and more like something you’d see on a straight-to-dvd kung fu movie poster, while the other brings back a familiar, slimy foe.
Check them out below:
In case you couldn’t already tell, I’m not really looking forward to this reboot if I’m being honest. Part of that is due to my undying love of the original comedy, and the other is that nothing from the film has really impressed me all that much. Specifically, in the jokes and style of comedy that has been put on display up until this point (with the one saving grace being Kate McKinnon).
It’s seeming more and more like the film has gone through and made sure to put a checkmark next to all of the surface things that made the original franchise great, including the heavy branding and visual style. But the comedy and the characters don’t seem all that reminiscent of the original films, which is all I really care about in the end.
Ghostbusters is set to hit theatres on July 15th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016