Last week, Gilmore Girls fans were welcomed with the first official teaser trailer and premiere date announcement for the show’s upcoming four-episode revival on Netflix, titled Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. Focusing entirely on a small, inconsequential conversation between the titular duo, the teaser didn’t do all that much to actually tease the new series as much as it made two things very clear – the first being that some things never really change, and that the two eccentric girls from Stars Hollow are finally coming back.
Netflix has done a fairly consistent job at teasing the new series on social media over the past few months as well, and it looks like this week’s latest Gilmore Girls tidbit has been revealed. It’s not much on the surface, if we’re being entirely honest, but it could mean some very big things about the new revival as well.
Posted on the show’s Instagram account, the photo shows a spread made up of pop tarts, coffee, and an apple… basically a meal combination befitting of only one Miss Lorelai Gilmore.
Now, the group of snacks themselves are of course linked to some iconic references from the show’s history, but one thing that the apple in particular could also be is a callback to a very specific moment in season 5 when Lorelai has a pregnancy scare while dating Luke, spurred by the fact that she was craving an apple, something she hasn’t craved as much since when she was pregnant with Rory (H/T EW).
Considering that the new four episodes will all span one entire year in the life of the two characters, it’s very possible that Lorelai could be pregnant throughout some of it, probably with Luke’s kid (or kids for all of you theorists out there). Like most of the speculation-inducing posts from these types of projects though, it’s also possible this is a huge red herring to make us overthink the simplest of Instagram callbacks. If that’s the case, then good job Netflix, you’ve succeeded.
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life will premiere on Netflix on November 25th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016