Both Expendables films have been nothing but sheer, unadulterated fun at the movies, particularly for fans of that 1980s brand of bombastic, in-your-face explosions and mayhem. Between the first and second outings, it seemed like the cast has been filled out with other great action stars of the time, and the same thing is happening as we gear up for the third outing with Sylvester Stallone’s group of lovable badasses.
In a tweet sent out early yesterday afternoon, Sylvester Stallone excitedly announced that although Bruce Willis would not be returning, the cast definitely earned a major coup by signing Indiana Solo himself, Harrison Ford. A 1980s action staple in his own right between his time whipping Nazis and blasting Stormtroopers (and Replicants), Ford is the latest in a long list of big stars to join the cast of the new film. Along with returning stars like Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jet Li, Ford also joins new additions like Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Milla Jovovich, Nicholas Cage, and Steven Seagal.
The Expendables franchise has already proven itself as The Avengers of action movie icons, and the addition of names like Ford, Snipes, Cage, and Seagal only solidifies that even further. The Expendables 3 is expected to go into production later this month for an August 15, 2014 release.
Are you excited or disappointed to see Ford join this aging group of ass kickers?
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015