2014 may be coming to a close but HBO has cleverly decided to pique your interest for their 2015 roster of shows with their “yearender” wrap-up.
While saying goodbye to “Boardwalk Empire” and “The Newsroom,” the network also features clips from the upcoming seasons of “VEEP,” “The Leftovers,” “Girls,” “Game Of Thrones,” as well as a quick sneaky peek at new series that include “Ballers,” “The Brink,” the return of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon’s “Project Greenlight” and the highly anticipated “Westwood.”
And before you ask, the answer is “Yes,” that IS Hugh Laurie you see in the clip from “VEEP.” I’m guessing he’ll be playing a Malcolm Tucker-ish character made famous by Peter Capaldi in the BBC hit political sitcom “The Thick Of It” (also created by Armando Iannucci).
If this is indeed the case, I wonder if he’ll swear as much as Malcolm Tucker, Prime Minister’s Director of Communications?
(NSFW but SO totally worth it; headphones are highly recommended!)
I’m guessing as Laurie and Capaldi have similar features, this could indeed be the case…
I just hope they let Hugh speak in his own lovely dialect like he did in BBC’s “Fortysomething” (which he starred in with Capaldi) rather than the one most viewers know from “House M.D.”
(I’m in a giving mood, so here’s Laurie and Capaldi doing what they do best in “Fortysomething” – make you laugh!)
With all the new and returning programming HBO has to offer, 2015 is looking to be a SWEET year.
But enough about me – what about YOU? What new shows are you looking forward to and what returning shows are you looking forward to (or wish would go away)?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015