Chances are that if you caught last night’s season finale for AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” you also caught something else that will give you a hint at what you’ll likely be watching on the network this summer.
During the airing of the 90-minute season finale, AMC debuted a brief look with the first footage of “Fear the Walking Dead,” the upcoming spinoff to the main series that will deal with the outbreak of the zombie apocalypse in another part of the country. The footage was recently made available online, and you can see it below.
It’s only the briefest of hints, but it gives an idea of what the environments of the show will be like. While we got to see the aftermath of the outbreak in Atlanta for the main series’ first episode, we’ve never seen how a major metropolitan area reacted to the outbreak as it was happening, and it looks like we may just get that chance when the first episode debuts on the network in just a couple of short months.
The official synopsis of the upcoming series reads,
What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in “The Walking Dead?” This summer, AMC will answer that question with “Fear the Walking Dead,” an all-new original series set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world.
The series will star Kim Dickens, Cliff Curtis, Frank Dillane, and Alycia Debnam Carey. While no official airdate has been announced for the series premiere, AMC has been pushing a summer start time for it pretty heavily, with a second season assured to follow from the two-season order in 2016. For more on the show as it develops, be sure to keep your eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015