I never had any bad experiences with clowns when I was a kid, so I thankfully never developed a phobia of them; it also probably helped that I’ve still never seen Stephen King’s It. But this trailer for a new film called Clown has the potential to turn even the most clown-friendly person into a crying mess the next time he or she sees one of those weird, painted faces.
The story behind Clown is actually kind of cool: writers Chris Ford and Jon Watts came up with a fake trailer for a horror movie about a dad who puts on a clown costume for his son’s birthday party, only to discover that he can’t take it off. They credited Eli Roth as the director of the movie without ever having spoken to him about it, and once it debuted, it generated some buzz online and word got back to Roth about it. Instead of freaking out and demanding that they take it down, Roth met up with them and decided to produce a feature version of the movie, feeling that they deserved a shot at the big time. Watts directed the film, and it’s expected to get a release sometime this year. Check out the real trailer below, courtesy of The Film Stage:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014