Say what you will about the quality of director Rob Marshall’s movies, but the guy is certainly doing his part to keep the musical alive in Hollywood. Aside from Disney animated projects, we don’t see musicals too often anymore, but Marshall – the guy who brought us the Best Picture winner Chicago, the 1999 TV version of Annie, and the musical riff on Fellini’s 8 1/2 called Nine – is back with another live action musical for Disney: Into the Woods.
We’ve written about the project before, and though Gyllenhaal never came on board, we finally have the first star-studded trailer to show you. Check it out:
So what do you think? This trailer is more of a teaser, only giving a brief glimpse of what to expect. I really like the cast, but I’ve never seen the play this film is based on, so I’m sure some musical theater enthusiasts will have their own opinions about how well this translates to the big screen. Sound off in the comments and let us know what you think!
Into the Woods hits theaters this Christmas Day.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014