Several weeks ago, Marvel unveiled a new promotional design for Agents of S.H.I.I.E.L.D. on the side of the San Diego Light Rail in anticipation of this year’s Comic-Con, which featured a linked-chain covered in fire running down the side of it. A number of fans took this to mean that Ghost Rider, one of Marvel’s most iconic badasses would be introduced in the show next season with an SDCC announcement on its way.
Nothing was confirmed though, and while a casting report hinted that the show could decide to introduce the Robbie Reyes version of the character instead of the more well-known Johnny Blaze, it didn’t seem like any real announcement was on its way until at least SDCC.
Well, we still don’t have any official announcements, but the latest addition to the Marvel booth in the San Diego Convention Center certainly makes it seem like Robbie Reyes may be on his way after all, thanks to a new tweet from Marvel’s Ryan Pengagos, which teases a mystery car covered in a tarp at the booth, which looks eerily similar to Reyes’ car in the comics:
— Ryan Penagos (@AgentM) July 22, 2016
The car has replaced the Doctor Strange costumes from yesterday at the booth, and while it’s hard to know for sure what exactly the car is under the top, the overall shape of it makes it look almost exactly like Robbie Reyes’ muscle car. Combining that with the light rail’s design, and it certainly seems like Ghost Rider may be on his way (finally) to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel will be happening later today at 3PM PST in Ballroom 20. Make sure to check back for more updates then — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016