Apparently his ever-expanding work on his Avatar properties (including a new theme park) hasn’t stopped James Cameron from stretching himself even thinner, because he’s now the executive producer of a Showtime series set to debut next year called “Years of Living Dangerously.” It’s about climate change and features a veritable who’s who of Hollywood stars interacting with real people who have been affected by global warming, and the whole series is an effort to put a human face on a topic that’s been obfuscated with politics and rhetoric over the past few years.
We know global warming is a touchy subject, but with names like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, Harrison Ford, Michael C. Hall, and Jessica Alba on board, maybe it’ll pique your interest enough and spur you to check out the new series when it debuts next year. In the meantime, one thing’s for certain: James Cameron will continue to be the bravest pioneer.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014