This is not a drill: Harry Potter and young Professor X are gonna build a monster…a Frankenstein monster, to be exact.
Deadline confirms that Fox has finally found the Dr. Frankenstein to Daniel Radcliffe’s Igor in the latest telling of the Mary Shelley classic tale, Frankenstein…
…and that name is James McAvoy.
McAvoy beat out Jack Huston (“Boardwalk Empire”) and Toby Kebbell (RocknRolla) for the role of Victor Von Frankenstein and the film itself will be directed by Paul McGuigan (Lucky Number Slevin, Push).
Not much else is known at this moment but as a fan of both McAvoy and Radcliffe, I gotta say I’m a little giddy to see this in action. Knowing that Radcliffe’s gonna ugly it up may help people see less The Boy Who Lived and more The Actor Who Played The Boy Who Lived. McGuigan also has a great sense of style (check out the wallpaper in Slevin if you don’t believe me), so this could be a far different version of the classic movie monster than we’re used to seeing on the big screen.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015