With Jennifer Lawrence’s turn as Katniss Everdeen officially reaching its end this month with the release of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, and her future in the X-Men franchise following next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse remaining a mystery for the time being, the critically-acclaimed actress is beginning to have some more holes in her schedule that she can fill with other, original projects.
The actress recently announced that she was co-writing a new comedy with Amy Schumer earlier this year too, where the actress and the comedian would be playing sisters, becoming Lawrence’s first official work as a screenwriter on a film. It looks like she’s ready to start branching out into other areas of the entertainment industry moving forward too.
While recently speaking with EW, the actress revealed that she has signed on to direct a new film called Project Delirium. Read her full quote below:
“I’ve signed on to direct something called Project Delirium — it’s based on this article about mental warfare in the ’60s, like an acid experiment gone terribly wrong. It’s funny, I’ve wanted to direct since I was 16 and always thought I should start making steps towards that. If I had tried to do it earlier, I wouldn’t have been ready. Now I actually feel ready.”
While there’s no mention of when she might direct the film, or its release date, it looks like Lawrence has finally reached a point in her career where she’s ready and willing to start experimenting with movies in ways behind the camera, along with in front of it. With the actress already set to appear in next year’s sci-fi romance, Passengers, alongside Chris Pratt though, and the aforementioned comedy with Amy Schumer, it looks like Lawrence is ready to enter into a completely new phase of her career.
Project Delirium does not currently have a release date.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016