Jude Law is about to add another credit to his filmography in a villainous capacity, this time under the direction of Guy Ritchie.
According to Variety, Law is currently being considered for the antagonist role in Ritchie’s Knights of the Round Table, based on the legendary adventures of King Arthur and his titular knights. Ritchie will also be producing the film along with Akiva Goldsman (screenwriter for A Beautiful Mind and Batman & Robin), Lionel Wigrum, and Tory Tunnell. The screenplay will be written by Joby Harold, whose two screenwriting credits are 2007’s Awake starring Hayden Christensen and Jessica Alba, and 2014’s Edge of Tomorrow (or Live, Die, Repeat if you bought the Blu-ray), starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.
Law seems to have been more selective in recent years about the roles he takes on, as he only has two credits in both 2014 and 2013, and is currently shooting a film releasing next year called Spy, directed by Paul Feig (Bridesmaids, “Freaks and Geeks”). If Law adds Ritchie’s King Arthur-based film to his schedule, then he may be finished working for the year, but that of course remains to be seen.
Law can next be see in the adventure thriller film Black Sea, directed by Kevin Macdonald and opening on December 5th in select territories, and in the United States on January 23rd. For more on Knights of the Round Table and other entertainment news as it develops, be sure to keep a tab open to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015