Good news, everybody! As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, it’s been revealed that Judy Greer will be returning for the much anticipated third installment of the Apes series, War for the Planet of the Apes, reprising her role as Corneila!
I know what you’re thinking: Wait, Judy Greer was in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? Yes, yes she was. She played Caesar’s (Andy Serkis) wife in 2014’s excellent blockbuster. Unfortunately she didn’t really get to do much besides a few mo-cap scenes, and didn’t actually utter a single word. So she was very easy to miss underneath all those amazing special effects. Seriously, I had no idea that was her.
Ideally, her role as Corneila will expand in this new film. With Caesar going to war with Woody Harrelson, he’ll need his wife by his side as possibly a calming influence, an advisor, a warrior, or some combination of those. I can’t imagine Greer getting to stretch her comedy chops too much, given the nature of the film, but who knows? There could be a moment or two of levity that could really let her shine. And please, PLEASE let her talk this time. It’s Judy Greer, people. Come on.
War for the Planet of the Apes has begun filming (see?) and is set to debut in theaters on July 14, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Joe Ruggirello (see all)
- Original ‘Ghostbusters’ Headed Back to the Big Screen - April 30, 2016
- John Krasinski Cast as Jack Ryan for Amazon TV - April 30, 2016
- RUMOR CENTRAL: Is James Wan Leaving Aquaman? - April 30, 2016
- Three New Character Posters Released for ‘Ghostbusters’ - April 24, 2016
- ‘Keanu – Kitten Please’ Trailer is Adorably Hilarious - April 23, 2016