I’ll say this, the cast for DC’s Justice League is starting to get better and better from the sounds of it.
In addition to the already announced superhero team, the film has also been adding and confirming some interesting supporting names along the way as well, after recently casting J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon in the film. Now, it looks like yet another previous Marvel actor has been added to the cast, who like Simmons, played a large role in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man films.
THR is reporting that the Green Goblin himself, Willem Dafoe, has joined the cast of the highly-anticipated film, and while it’s known that he will be playing a good guy, the details surrounding his onscreen identity/character are being kept under wraps for the time being. Production on the film began last week as well, with Zack Snyder returning at the helm, from a screenplay written by Chris Terrio.
While details surrounding his role are still unknown, the report also confirms that Dafoe’s character will be appearing in both Justice League Part 1 and Part Two, which means he’ll have at the very least, a sizable role of some kind.
Dafoe has always been one of the best actors in the industry for basically as long as he’s had a career, and he managed to give us a pretty stellar Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in the first Spider-Man film as well in my opinion. So it’ll be nice to see an actor of his calibre appearing in the DC Universe in some shape or form, which despite Batman v Superman‘s poor reactions, still has a sizable amount of good will from both fans and critics going for it. Now we’ll just have to wait and see if it ends up being deserving of it.
Justice League Part One is set to hit theatres on November 17th, 2017, with Part Two being released on June 14th, 2019.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016