I don’t know if you are aware of this or not, but Kevin Smith is a big fan of comic books. No really, I’m serious. He likes them a lot. I’ll give you a moment to process this shocking development. Also, he’s a pretty good director.
In related news, it was announced at today’s TCA press event that Smith will be directing an upcoming episode of The CW’s The Flash (via TheWrap). The episode will air some time in May, which makes this even more interesting since that’s near the end of the season. Smith’s episode will no doubt prove to be a pivotal one in Barry’s fight against Zoom (and whoever else is causing Team Flash problems by that point in the season).
This will be Smith’s first time directing a DC Comics project. He was a screenwriter on the ill-fated Superman Lives film, and previously directed the pilot for Reaper, also on The CW. No word yet on whether Jay and Silent Bob will be visiting Central City some time in May.
The Flash returns with all new episodes on Tuesday, January 19th at 8pm on The CW.
Make sure to keep checking back for updates – right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Joe Ruggirello (see all)
- Original ‘Ghostbusters’ Headed Back to the Big Screen - April 30, 2016
- John Krasinski Cast as Jack Ryan for Amazon TV - April 30, 2016
- RUMOR CENTRAL: Is James Wan Leaving Aquaman? - April 30, 2016
- Three New Character Posters Released for ‘Ghostbusters’ - April 24, 2016
- ‘Keanu – Kitten Please’ Trailer is Adorably Hilarious - April 23, 2016