Very good news for fans of the funniest dang show on television, “Key and Peele”! I mean, IMHO. Oh heck, it’s not just my opinion, it’s the TRUTH. Deal with it!
According to Deadline, Universal Pictures has made a deal with Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele and Judd Apatow to write and produce an untitled feature comedy vehicle for the two comic geniuses.
Apatow had this to say about his new partners-in-funny:
“I love these guys because they are riotously, make you sick because you can’t stop laughing, funny. I think Key and Peele are capable of making the movie that America desperately needs right now.”
I couldn’t agree more, Judd! Apatow will produce the picture through his Apatow Productions. As of press time, there is no director attached to the project, but I’m thinking some pretty big names from the world of film comedy will be in the running. No word yet on the plot of the feature either, but I don’t even care, I’m pretty much on board no matter what.
The comedy duo are definitely on a well-deserved win streak lately, as “Key & Peele” was just picked up for a fourth season by Comedy Central (yay!). And Judd’s not doing so bad himself, considering the Apatow-produced Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues will be released on December 20.
Are you excited about a Key and Peele movie? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014