Depending on how you feel about The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, this news will either be outstanding or pretty disappointing: Deadline is reporting that Lucas Black, who played Sean in Tokyo Drift, has signed on to reprise his role in James Wan’s Fast and Furious 7. But that’s not all: he’ll be returning for “at least the next three installments” of Universal’s cash cow franchise.
As a massive Fast & Furious fan, I’m conflicted here. I despised Black’s character in Tokyo Drift, so on one hand, I’m crushed that not only will he be returning, but he’ll become a major player alongside Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, and the rest of the gang. But on the other hand, part of the reason I love the series so much is because of the way it’s stayed true to its own mythology, and bringing Sean into the fold definitely makes sense considering where Fast & Furious 6 left off.
Either way, I’m extremely excited to see where the series goes from here under the watchful eye of James Wan, and now that we have official confirmation that we’re in for at least three more Fast films, I know we’ll be burning rubber and living life a quarter mile at a time for at least the next few more years.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014