Warner Bros. has finally announced the title for their upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie. The film is officially called Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.
For a while there, it seemed like every movie title or subtitle had the word “rise” in the title: Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Dark Knight Rises, 300: Rise of an Empire, and even The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released as The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro in some markets. I’m not a big fan of trends like this, because while some people may not recognize it while it’s happening, a few years down the line, everyone can look back and roll their eyes at how the studios were trying to one-up each other with these titles. Was Rise of an Empire really a better subtitle than Battle of Artemesia? Probably not, but it fit with the whole “rise” trend. Ditto Rise of Electro. Is this the start of a new “dawn” trend, with this and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?
Also: where’s the “s” in the “vs.”? Throwing one “V” in there just looks unprofessional.
What do you think about the new title? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014