Despite being one of the four series initially announced for Marvel and Netflix’s Defenders lineup, there has been little to nothing heard about their planned Iron Fist series up to this point. However, the studio squashed any rumors that they were planning on trashing the series a few months ago, and it looks like they may finally be moving forward with their fourth and final Defenders series.
With Dexter showrunner Scott Buck on at the helm of the series as well, the show’s lead star has officially been revealed.
According to a new report from EW, Game of Thrones star Finn Jones has officially been cast in the titular role as Danny Rand, who fights against the crime and corruption in New York City with his advanced kung fu skills and ability to summon the fiery Iron Fist during battle. The series will reportedly pick up with Rand returning to Hell’s Kitchen after having gone missing for six years. More details are expected to come soon.
With Luke Cage deep into production already, announcements for the Iron Fist series were inevitable, although there’s still no word on when we might expect the first Iron Fist season to premiere on Netflix, before the four superheroes team up in the miniseries event, The Defenders.
Jones is known primarily for his role as Ser Loras Tyrell in Game of Thrones, the brother of Natalie Dormer’s Margaery Tyrell, and lover to the late Renly Baratheon. His work on Thrones has mostly remained as a supporting role though, with Iron Fist marking the first time that Jones will really be in the spotlight on one of his projects. Considering how well Marvel has done casting their Defenders team up to this point as well, fans should probably start to hear a lot more about Jones in the coming months.
The Iron Fist series is currently in development at Marvel and Netflix.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016