Considering how successful of a career he’s had, and as long as he’s had it for, it’s still somewhat of a surprise that Matt Damon has yet to be in a superhero movie or comic book adaptation onscreen, since the action star could fairly easily fit into the genre, it seems like at least. With his best friend, Ben Affleck, playing Batman in the DCEU though, is there a possibility that Damon could jump over into the genre now?
Well, maybe, though it doesn’t seem all that likely, which is how it usually goes when actors are asked about whether or not they’d ever want to play a superhero and make a lot of money.
While speaking with the Irish Examiner, Damon said that he would be completely up for playing a superhero or comic book character onscreen… but only if Affleck directed the movie:
“I’d consider anything with the right director, but I can’t imagine there are any superheroes left, I think they’re all taken at this moment. If he (Ben) was directing me, I’d jump on it in a New York minute. I’d love to work with Ben.”
“The problem with Ben is every time he directs a movie, he gives himself the best role in it, so until he’s willing to give up the best role to one of his friends, we’re not going to get on with it.”
With Affleck working on his own solo Batman movie right now with Geoff Johns, there’s a large array of characters from Batman’s mythology alone that Damon could probably play well, if given the chance. Whether or not this will actually happen or not will have to wait to be seen, but if it does, I’d very much like it if Affleck’s Batman walked up to Damon’s character at some point and with his robot voice, just started saying “It’s not your fault,” over and over and over again.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016