It seems like video game film adaptations are up and running once again as last week we learned that not only would there be a Need For Speed live-action film but it would star Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul as well.
And this week it’s word that Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds, X-Men: First Class) will star in the live-action version of Ubisoft’s hit franchise, Assassin’s Creed, that has the internet a buzzin’.
Assassin’s Creed centers around Desmond Miles, a bartender descended from a long line of prominent assassins. While raised as an assassin himself, Miles decided to flee his home in order to live a “normal” life…which works for a while until he’s kidnapped by Abstergo Industries and forced to use a device (Animus) to experience his ancestor’s memories in order to find several powerful artifacts known as “Pieces Of Eden”.
And this is the premise that has spawned 12 games (5 in the main AC series and 7 supporting), 15 graphic novels and appearances as a playable character or unlockable costumes in several games (including Soulcaliber V, Little Big Planet, and Team Fortress 2) since 2007.
Once Ubisoft’s film and TV division’s recently announced partnership with New Regency and Fassbinder serving as the film’s co-producer, who knows what could happen? Could be super sweet.
“Bringing aboard New Regency’s renowned production and distribution expertise while maintaining our own creative and financial flexibility ensures that Assassin’s Creed will be a high-quality film that respects the lore and fans of the video game franchise.” – Ubisoft Motion Pictures CEO Jean-Julien Baronnet.
All I know is that looking at the above pic, I fully approve.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015