Netfix has been rolling out new original series at a fairly steady pace the past few years, and it doesn’t look like the streaming service has any plans of slowing down any time soon. After new successes like “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,” “Bloodline,” and “Daredevil” have all premiered to critical acclaim this year, the streaming service has yet another unique and original series set to premiere late next month in “Narcos.”
The series stars Pedro Pascal (“Game of Thrones”), Boyd Holbrook (Gone Girl), Luis Guzman (Boogie Nights), Wagner Moura (Elysium), Joanna Christie (Mr. Selfridge), and more and follows the rise of the cocaine industry in the 1980s — helmed by famed crime lord Pablo Escobar — and the DEA’s attempts to stop it.
Today, Netflix premiered the first full trailer for the new series online. Check it out below:
Here’s the series’ official synopsis:
“NARCOS is the true story of the U.S. and Colombian efforts to battle the Medellin cartel during the cocaine-fueled drug wars of the 1980’s. Multi-layered and multi-faceted, NARCOS depicts a brutal world where lines are blurred and little is black and white.”
The series looks like it could be going for a crime tone similar to some of Martin Scorsese’s films — the most notable of which being 1990’s Goodfellas — and while many films and TV shows have tried for the same level of success, few have been triumphant.
However, the series definitely has a unique tone and story that will help it set itself apart from most other shows on TV right now. With a solid cast of underrated character actors and a promising premise – Narcos has all the makings to be yet another smash hit success for Netflix.
The 10-episode first season of “Narcos” will debut on Netflix on Friday, August 28th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016