No show has had quite the same breakout success this year as Netflix’s Stranger Things, a new series from The Duffer Brothers that was the kind of original, 80s callback monster, supernatural, mystery piece of entertainment that you just don’t see that much of nowadays. Or at least, the kind of rare 80s nostalgia project that is actually good in its own right as well.
Now, after leaving fans with many burning questions after the first 8-episode season, and drawing out any official announcements, Netflix has officially announced the renewal of Stranger Things for a second season, and they’ve done it with some serious style as well.
Not only confirming a second season coming in 2017 (this time with 9 episodes, one more than the freshman season), but also revealing the episode titles for every single episode of the sophomore season. Check out the teaser trailer/announcement below:
Variety reports that work on a second season has been underway for quite some time now, without any official public announcements being made, which would explain why all of the episode titles and the episode count have already been figured out as well. Worry not too, The Duffer Brothers will be returning to write the scripts for the new season.
Considering the kinds of questions that the first season left viewers with, I imagine that this announcement comes as some serious cause for celebration for fans of the show, even if they could see it coming from a mile away.
Stranger Things season one is currently streaming on Netflix.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016