We’re now less than five weeks away from the premiere of Marvel Studios’ latest crossover film effort Avengers: Age of Ultron, once again written and directed by Joss Whedon, and reuniting Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, and Cobie Smulders as the main members of the cast. But, in addition to James Spader’s titular villain, there are also two new major players entering the mix: Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s Quicksilver.
In a new featurette released exclusively by Comic Book Resources, the cast and crew of the film talk a bit about exactly what these two new powerful people will bring to the overarching story of the film, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a whole. Take a look at the featurette below:
Fans familiar with the comic book history of both characters know that the twins’ father is actually Erik Lensherr, aka Magneto. Unfortunately, Magneto will be unable to be either included, nor can he even be mentioned, since 20th Century Fox currently has the film rights to the X-Men franchise, of which Magneto is a primary character. Still, Whedon’s familiarity with the source material and the lengths that the story seems to be going to i order to properly represent them seems very immense, and that’s before taking into account the fact that we haven’t even seen Paul Bettany’s Vision in full form yet.
Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters this coming May 1st. For more on the film as it develops, keep it locked on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015