If you’re not familiar with the name Rick Baker, odds are you’ve either been held in awe or scared sh*&less (sometimes both) by one of his many, MANY creations.
The man whose career spans all the way back to 1972 has decided’s it’s time to hang up his hat and enjoy retirement, but before he goes, he’s decided to sell off his own personal collection via The Prop Store and we’re talking 417 items with NO RESERVE (item will be sold even if it doesn’t meet the anticipated price) direct from his studio.
If you have NO idea how huge this is — think of a movie you’ve seen with really great make-up, then IMDb it — I’ll wager HE made it and it’s on sale. Just because there IS 417 epic items, here’s a SMALL sample of WHAT’S on the block for Friday morning’s live auction in Los Angeles (with phone and online bids also being accepted), and we’re not talking just finished items, either; there’s mold core casts from films like An American Werewolf In London, scripts, crew shirts, foam latex prosthetics from Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” director’s chairs and MORE!
While the official live auction begins Friday morning at 11 am, the site’s been taking bids both by phone and online in anticipation of what I’m guessing will prove to be a CRAZY AS HELL auction at Hilton Universal City. What’s great is some of the items start as low as $50, which means the “normal geeks” like you and me have a chance to take home a piece of cinematic history.
If you’ve got a couple minutes, just peruse through the 211-page auction catalog – with hard copies available for purchase – and be prepared to say “WOW!” a ton.
(And if you buy anything, let us know!)
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015