Ryan Roy has pulled off what has to be one of the most creative Facebook pranks ever. He found 8 people on Facebook who share his name, replicated their profile pics and then sent them a friend request. Sure we can all giggle at the idea, but can you imagine how completely freaky that must have been for those people? I mean harmless… but freaky. I love freaky so I would have totally embraced the prank. And I definitely embrace it happening to other people!
Apparently I’m not alone. He recently shared his hilarious project with Reddit, and it received over 20,000 views within hours.
So yeah, I love it, the Reddit community loves it, but more importantly, what do the victims of Roy’s prank think? According to Roy, they weren’t too amused by his social networking hijinks. “None of them really got it, they just got really creeped out and changed their profile pic immediately.” In fact only one person actually accepted his friend request, but alas! That friendship has already come to an end, “He seemed genuinely creeped out and de-friended me shortly after.” Roy wrote on Reddit.
Here’s a look at Roy’s recreations. Roy is on the right and his inspirations are on the left. Just in case you couldn’t figure it out 😉
And my personal favorite…
Images courtesy of casinoroycasinoroy
What do you think of Roy’s Prank? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014