As of right now, Preacher looks unlike anything else on television. Landing on a network like AMC, and being created by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, the series looks violent, dark, fun, and a fairly faithful adaptation of the beloved comic book its based on. With a charismatic lead like Dominic Cooper running things in front of the camera as well, it’s got about everything going for it that we could hope for at this point.
After a bone-crunching first trailer from a few months ago, and some very interesting casting additions over the past few weeks as well, AMC has officially announced the premiere date and a new poster for the series at its SXSW panel today.
The pilot episode of the series will premiere on Sunday, May 22nd, following the midseason premiere of Fear the Walking Dead. Check out the new poster for the series as well:
Rogen and Goldberg have talked repeatedly about the new tone they’re taking with the upcoming AMC adaptation as opposed to their previous projects, teasing the series’ dark, serious tone, and how its unlike their buddy, stoner comedies they’ve become known for over the past few years. It’s unknown though if they’ll be able to translate their comedic writing strengths onto such a different world and genre, but from the looks of it, Preacher seems just like how fans might have wanted it to.
Preacher will premiere on AMC on Sunday, May 22nd.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016