20th Century Fox has a tentpole adventure film in the works with Will Smith front and center as its star.
The City That Sailed centers around a young girl in London who wishes REALLY hard to be with her father, currently living in Manhattan. Well, seems like she wished just hard enough when lo and behold, the island of Manhattan breaks free and begins to sail toward England.
Will Smith wanted to do this back in 2010, but a conflicting schedule with Men in Black 3 (a sure thing, franchise-wise) forced him to make a hard decision…still, the project was never far from his mind. Three years later, Smith’s circled back around to the film and according to Deadline Hollywood, actor-turned-mega-producer/director Shawn Levy is now in the director’s chair for the family friendly adventure.
Levy has a nice roster of directing credits to his name (The Pink Panther, The Internship, Night At The Museum franchise, Real Steel, Date Night, “Animorphs”, “The Secret World Of Alex Mack”, “The Famous Jett Jackson”), and knows how to do the family-friendly genre quite well, so I’m sure this’ll be fun for all ages!
But before ANY of this happens, Audrey Wells (The Gameplan, Under The Tuscan Sun) needs to write the script and Levy has to get Night At The Museum 3 in the can.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015