The improbable Dumb and Dumber sequel train just keeps on chugging, thanks to the addition of Rob Riggle in a sweet dual role. Perhaps the long-rumored sequel does stand a chance of being genuinely amusing!
THR reports that Riggle has joined the cast of the already-shooting film in not just one, but two roles – twins, to be exact (that’s certainly convenient). Riggle will play both “a handyman named Travis and his unstable brother, Captain Lippencott.” Oh, a captain! A captain of what? (No, we don’t know.)
Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey have both returned to their iconic roles in the sequel to Peter and Bobby Farrelly’s 1994 comedy hit, and they will be joined by a string of other talents, including Kathleen Turner, Rachel Melvin, Laurie Holden, and Steve Tom. The addition of Riggle to the cast marks the first big comedic casting of fresh talent, though it probably won’t be the last.
The film will reportedly center on Harry and Lloyd’s quest to find Harry’s long-lost daughter in order to bilk her out of a kidney he desperately needs (no, we’re not confirmed on the bilking element of the story, but that doesn’t seem out of bounds, right?).
Dumb and Dumber To is aiming to release next summer, which would coincide quite nicely with the film’s twentieth anniversary.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014