Meet Natalia Ischenko and Svetlana Romashina, a.k.a. the best Synchronized Swimming Duet Team Russia’s ever seen a.k.a. The Coolest Girls On The Planet.
“WHY?” you ask? Calm down and I’ll tell you.
Shot on April 20th (heh heh) at Olympic Park’s Aquatic Centre in London during the qualifying rounds, we get to see 1:20 minutes of greatness in the form of Ischenko and Romashina doing their Free Routine to the theme from the 1977 Dario Argento classic, Suspiria, as originally composed by Goblin.
Three reasons why this is fantastiballs:
1) Suspiria is a film about a prestigious ballet academy in Germany that’s run by a coven of witches and not the fun, Sabrina The Teenage Witch-type witches, either; we’re talking “eat your heart with fava beans and a nice chianti with your soul for dessert” witches.
2) You rarely EVER hear fun music like this at the Summer OR Winter Olympics because athletes’ coaches are afraid that if the judges don’t like the genre it’s from, it could effect your score.
3) It’s SUSPIRIA.
ENOUGH JIBBA JABBA! Ready to see 1:20 of AMAZING?!
p.s. For you heathens who’ve never heard of or have never seen Suspiria (SHAME!), peep the trailer.
Not only do these girls have AWESOME taste in music and CRAZY breath control, they can also add Olympic gold to their list…and YES, they used Suspiria (with music from Tim Burton’s Sleepy Hollow in the second half of the routine) to earn their top spot on the podium!
Congrats again, ladies! You’ve made my horror geek heart swell three sizes with pride!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015