Over the past couple of years, Scarlett Johansson has played an ass-kicking secret agent (The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier), a curious computer operating system (Her), a New Jersey socialite (Don Jon), and an alien seductress (Under the Skin). Now she’s in talks to add another role to her resume, one with a meta twist: mother-to-be.
According to Variety, the actress – who is pregnant in real life – is in talks to join the Coen Brothers’ upcoming period film Hail Caesar!, in which she’d play an actress who suddenly becomes pregnant as her movie is about to start filming. The movie stars George Clooney as a Hollywood fixer in the 1950s, a guy who works for the studios to protect the reputations of the world’s biggest movie stars as scandals occur behind the scenes. Josh Brolin quickly signed on, followed by the terrific additions of Channing Tatum, Ralph Fiennes, and Tilda Swinton. If Johansson boards the production, she’ll join the list of cast members who have already worked with the Coens: she appeared in their black-and-white noir film The Man Who Wasn’t There back in 2001.
Johansson is obviously a superb actress and she’s on a huge hot streak lately, doing some of the best work of her career in the past few years. Working with the Coens – even in a small capacity – should be another great notch in her belt. Word is that filming starts this fall, so Johansson’s part likely won’t take long to film since she’s set to give birth in real life sometime late this year. Interested in seeing ScarJo join this cast? Let us know below.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014