After their beloved show came to an end in 2007, “Veronica Mars” fans weren’t quite satisfied. Series creator Rob Thomas and star Kristen Bell weren’t satisfied either, and for the next several years, they’d answer questions about a possible “Veronica Mars” movie with variations of the same answer: “we’re working on it.” WB passed on the project once, but when Thomas took the project to Kickstarter (with the studio’s permission and backing), “Mars” became a sensation, racking up over two million dollars in one day and ensuring that we’d see the former Neptune High School student finally solve a case on the big screen.
Now, video from the Veronica Mars movie panel at San Diego Comic-Con has come online, and it’s everything fans of the series could possibly want. It doesn’t just feature footage from the documentary they’re filming about the making of the movie – we actually get to see some real, completed footage from the film, too. The movie hits limited theaters and VOD sometime in 2014, but in the meantime, soak in the awesomeness of the fact that Veronica is back! Now I have to go rewatch the whole series…
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014